Community Information Day 2019
in Community, Education, Events, News, Outreach
28 Feb 2019
The Info Day is for people living with low vision or blindness and those who care for them. The day is designed to meet the needs of teenagers or young adults and their parents/carers, as well as the parents/carers of young children. Teachers are also invited.
The Community Information Day programme includes:
- Keynote Speaker: Emeritus Professor Ron McCallum
- Talks from inspirational individuals
- Panel discussions on transitions through education, and on literacy for children with visual impairment
- Breakout sessions for parents/carers, teachers and young people
Date: 17 August 2019
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Registration Tea and Coffee from 9am)
The University of Sydney Business School – CBD Campus
Level 16, Stockland Building (Access via Piccadilly Mall)
210 Pitt St
Sydney, NSW 2000
All day program, lunch provided. Gold coin donation requested to help us cover food.
Sydney CBD location
We will again deliver the day in a central Sydney CBD location, near to public transport and parking.
The event will be held at the University of Sydney School of Business CBD Campus. This is located in the Stockland Building, Level 17, accessed via the Piccadilly Shopping Centre, 210 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Who should attend?
- Teenagers, or young adults living with an eye condition with their parents
- Parents and carers of children with an eye condition
- Teachers and therapists of children and young people who live with an eye condition
- Organisations that provide services to young people living with an eye condition.
The day is an opportunity for people to connect with each other, share experiences and get up-to-date information. The SSI team will provide an update on research developments, and will be available to answer questions. We also invite a range of service providers and subject matter experts to give attendees a “one stop shop” to find out what’s new in the sector, and to catch up with each other.
Places are limited
As a free event, places are limited. We aim to provide attendees with a valuable and enjoyable day, and so for catering and venue reasons, need to confirm numbers in advance. Please register if you would like to attend, and if you know of anyone else who would benefit from attending, please let them know ASAP so that they don’t miss out.