SSI welcomes delegates for Asia Pacific Exchange Programme (APEX)
in Education, Events, News
24 Oct 2014
Save Sight Institute has welcomed 11 doctors, researchers and clinicians from five different countries for the annual Asia Pacific Exchange Program (APEX). Sponsored by Bayer, attendees will hear from a range of distinguished ophthalmic experts on topics related to macular disease and its treatment.
Building on the success of the knowledge sharing and professional collaboration that occurred at last year workshop, this years delegates have travelled from Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Singapore to learn about ophthalmology, and particular age-related macular degeneration, in the Australian context.
Hosted by Professor Peter McCluskey and Professor Mark Gillies, the two day programme is a comprehensive and challenging one, addressing topics such as:
- AMD in the Australian setting
- Intravitreal injections: Handling high volumes
- AMD research updates
- Hospital and private practice facilities tour
- Patient support services avaialble
- Intravitreal injection safety
- Case studies and group discussions